DP | CAMERA OP astikich[at]gmail[dot]com
Built with Indexhibit
Alexander Stikich - DP | Camera Operator
www.alexstikich.com - 646.361.5990
Alex is an award winning freelance cinematographer based in New York. He works professionally on a wide range of documentary/reality, narrative and corporate projects around the globe ranging from subjects as diverse as Chernobyl, bounty hunters, aircraft carriers and the fashion world. Some of his corporate clients include Time Warner, AARP, Western Union, L'Oreal, Smithwicks, and DKNY.
IMDB profile: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1100369/
COMMERCIAL / CORPORATE
"Time Warner Foundation" - DP - Latino Media Works
* A video highlighting the work of the Time Warner Foundation.
“Tea in China” – DP - ReD Associates
* (HD) Campaign for ReD Associates detailing research efforts in China
“Smithwick’s – Irish Tradition” – DP – Nickelsberg
* (HD) campaign for Smithwick’s featuring father angry at son’s modern ways.
"Western Union" - DP – New Yorkian
* A training campaign for Western Union.
"MicroDocumentaries" – Producer - "MicroDocumentaries"
* (HD) Assorted pieces for corporations and NGO’s focusing on sustainable initiatives.
"L'Oreal - Women of Worth" - Time Inc
*(HD) Profiles of incredible women that help others in unique ways
"Fashion Week NY" -Camera - Videofashion
* (HD) Highlights from FW.
"Corporate Videos" - Videojournalist - Snippies/Savar Media/DFMS
* (HD)Assorted projects for clients like MSN, Sprint, Doritos, Coors and projects dealing with subjects ranging from AIDS, poverty and Katrina.
“Hedy: The Untold Story of Actress and Inventor Hedy Lamarr" Reframed Pictures/PBS (1 x 53)
* A film that explores Lamarr's double life as screen siren and secret inventor.
"Curiosity - What destroyed the Hindenburg" - Cinematographer – Discovery/Channel 4 (1 x 53)
* An epic project in which 3 replicas of the Hindenburg were built and destroyed in order to test various theories about what happened. Extensive reenactments were staged using elaborate sets.
"America Revealed" - Cinematographer – Lion/PBS (4 x 53min.)
* An epic four part series on the inner workings of the infrastructure systems that keep the US running (food/transportation/energy/maufacturing) shot with extensive aerial coverage.
"Radiophobia" - Cinematographer - Nat Geo/History Channel (55min.)
* A documentary about the town of Pripyet (Chernobyl) and the long term impact of nuclear accidents. Best Doc at the Brooklyn Film Festival in New York; Best Documentary at the XXIII Bogotá IFF; Best Film, Best Documentary and Best Cinematography at the 2006 ECU European Independent FF in Paris; Audience Award at Documenta Madrid 2006; Film Excellency Award at the GFFS IFF in Seoul, Korea, “Radiophobia” has also been licensed to channels such as: National Geographic, History Channel, TVE (Spain), Aljazeera Intl., DR2 (Denmark), MTV3 (Finland), 1+1 (Ukraine), Planete, PTS Taiwan, TVR (National TV Romania) and DocuTV (Latin America & Spain).
"Good Fortune" - Cinematographer – POV/PBS (90 min)
* A Sundance/Fullbright funded documentary on Kenyan economic development. POV series/PBS, Witness Award win at Silverdocs, IDFA (Amsterdam), Human Rights Watch Film fest, Margaret Meade, Thessaloniki FF
"What Would Jesus Buy?" - Cinematographer - Warrier Poets (90 min)
* Morgan Spurlock's (Supersize Me) film about consumerism.
"My Beautiful Dacia" - Cinematographer - Channel 4 (UK) (55 min.)
*A humoristic portrayal of the evolution of Romania from Communism to present seen through the Dacia automobile. Broadcasters: Channel 4 (UK), SVT (Sweden), MDR (Germany), TVR (Romanian National TV), YLE (Finland), RTVS (Slovenian National TV)
REALITY / TV
"Mission Pluto” Nat Geo/Bigger Bang
* A chronicle of the arrival of spacecraft “New Horizon” to the planet Pluto and the story behind it.
"Extreme Cheapskates” – Sharp/TLC
* A reality show that documents the lives of those who take frugality to an extreme.
"Monumental Mysteries/ Mysteries at the Museum” – DP - Optomen/Travel Channel
* A series chronicling stories behind various monuments/museums throughout the US.
"Dog and Beth: On the Hunt" (formerly Dog the Bounty Hunter) – Camera - CMT
* World renowned fugitive recovery agent Duane Chapman and his wife Beth travel the US in search of dangerous suspects.
"Carrier" - Camera - Icon Pictures/PBS (HD)
* A 10 part Emmy award winning tv series about life aboard an aircraft carrier.
"Hang Men" - Camera – Electus/Discovery
* A series following the lives of telecom electrical workers.
"History Detectives" - DP – Lion/PBS (12 x 53min.)
* A group of researchers help people seek answers historical questions they have, typically centered on an object or structure.
"Mystery Diagnosis" – OWN TV Oprah/Discovery Health
* (HD) Unexplained medial conditions are analyzed through interviews and reenactments.
"I used to be fat" DP - MTV
* (HD) Teenagers embark on a battle to lose weight through trainers, fitness regimes and challenges.
"Road trip" - HBO Latino
*(HD) Promos featuring latin cuisine.
"Crooked Corner" - Cinematographer - No Stone Films
* (90 min.) An urban adaptation of 'Rashomon'
"Same Old Song" - Cinematographer - Hyerhang
* (15 min.) A tale on the loneliness and isolation of an immigrant.
"La Arana" - Storm Films
* (30 min.) An underworld tale set in Queens.
"This America" - Cinematographer - UAA/Stygian
* (90 min.) The story of the mis-adventures of a Nigerian immigrant in New York.
Film Video Arts - New York, New York - 1998-1999
International Center of Photography - New York, New York -1995-1999
University of Texas at Austin, BBA 1994